Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Worry Wart

                                                          


Don't you hate it when people say to you "Don't worry" - as if on their command you just stop - it's instant - you stop worrying - NOT! 

It's like asking someone not to think about elephants. And, of course, all you can think of from that point on is ELEPHANTS.  

Rather than tell me not to worry, try listening  - or not.
Offer realistic solutions - or not. 
Be sympathetic - or not. 
JUST DO NOT TELL ME I SHOULDN'T WORRY.

Another thing - don't top my worry with your worry. It doesn't help. You are attempting to relate somehow - I know - but it's transparent and a tad selfish. Do not rob me of my misery. Let me own it - chew it and spit it out.  

Help me if I ask for it. Don't say "If you need anything, do not hesitate to call me" then not be reachable. It's like saying "Let's do lunch sometime." 

Look, I believe that worrying is unavoidable in life. I also believe it is to some extent necessary and healthy. It is also very motivating and it will lead you out of your worry. You will discover an answer - a way to fix things that will delete your worry. 

That is, if you are sane...............otherwise all bets are off. 

                                                       


There has been much to worry about, lately. But, you know, time does heal everything. You look back at the drama and sigh with great relief that it's over. Of, course, there are always plenty of replacement worries lined up and waiting for your consideration. So, you take them one by one checking them off as new ones arrive.

It's called life. I am thankful for my worries. It means I'm alive and kicking at misfortune - enjoying the victories more than the lost battles to be sure - but fighting always - always for a clear lucid life. Is there any other way to be? 

And those victorious moments are worth the battles.

It's just right now, my worry list is all too real. One item gets checked off only to be replaced by another. Truly, IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!

Next.............................

                                                      





2 comments:

  1. WORRY!!WORRY!!WORRY!!! Is Gene's favorite saying..he worrys when he's going to get his next cup of coffee...this is a joke in our house since the kids were little. Worry is a Art. Everyone worries. It's like the song " I'm only Human"..and we are only human and worrying is part of our nature...from one worry wart to another...Love You..your OLDER sister...Jean.

    ReplyDelete